Saturday 14 November 2015

Locations - Wax Illustrations

In order to experiment with texture within my illustrations, I decided to use wax crayon. This is because this particular medium gives a rough, messy quality that often has the connotations of childhood and younger children. I also wanted to experiment with layering colours with wax crayon in order to create interesting tones and shades. 


After using just wax crayon, I decided that I wanted darker outlines that were more defined. To accomplish this, I used a black gel pen to roughly sketch out the outlines and then coloured the images with wax crayon. I once again layered different colours to create tone and shade but I also added messy gel pen lines over the top to add more shadow and create more aesthetically pleasing illustrations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment