Thursday 3 December 2015

Typography - Creating My Own Font 3



For my final typeface, I wanted something bold that would stand out. I chose to use a thick marker pen when creating the letters to create a contrast with this font and the other two I created. I used both thick and thin lines so that there was a variation in weight and a clear transition between thick and thin. 

Once I drew out the letters and scanned them into photoshop, I used threshold to make the letters pure black and to sharpen some of the edges so that it looked crisper and more legible. I placed each letter on the template along with each number and punctuation.






Once I had placed everything on the template, I imported it into myscriptfont.com and turned it into a typeface that can be used. I like that there is a clear transition between weights and that it is legible. However, some letters aren't as legible as others and it may be hard for younger children to read the font. 

No comments:

Post a Comment